The Broadband & Internet Intelligence Centre provides in-depth coverage of the strategic, regulatory, consumer and technological trends defining the market for fixed broadband, digital media and the connected home and tracks KPIs for 200+ markets.
2012 Research Agenda
- Future of the TV settop box
- Second-screen strategies
- CDN strategies
- Consumer cloud storage and digital lockers
- (Mobile broadband) pricing strategies
- Customer experience management
- Backhaul demand and addressable market
- Mobile CDN strategies
- App stores
- SWOTs of leading US West Coast Internet service providers and OTT players
- Cloud TV
- Superfast broadband applications
- Ex-pat OTTtv
- Churn and customer loyalty
- Lean telco
- Carrier Wi-Fi
- Operator tablet/connected device business models
- Net-neutrality update
- Evolving multiplay (Broadband everywhere)
- The tablet market – Sizing up the appeal opportunities and challenges
- LTE devices beyond handsets
- Mobile broadband devices – MIDs, MCDs and smartbooks
- Mobile broadband devices – Netbooks and notebooks
- WWAN – enabled e-reader markets
- The rise of HTML5
- Tablet business models and screen sizes
- Monetising OTTtv
- Connected home retail
- Next-generation access
- NGA network collaboration
- Rural broadband
- Online and OTT video advertising
- Customer economics
- Emerging market mobile broadband pricing
- OSS/BSS outsourcing strategies
- IP cable convergence
- Multiscreen strategies
- Telco TV strategies
- Home gateways
- Retail and distribution
- Impact of broadband on capex + capex forecasts
- Mobile operator content strategies
- Digital media development index
Compiled from public domain sources, including vendor websites, news sites and reference lists. Updated quarterly.
- Public WLAN hotspots
Public WLAN hotspots listed by region, country and operator, along with charts and graphs analysing country and regional totals.
- Telecoms Operator Content delivery network services
Content delivery network (CDN) initiatives from telecoms operators, by operator, service name, type of operator, home market, target market, market entry, partners/acquisitions, and investment.
- Digital content finance index
Track the digital content revenues of some of the largest and most prominent companies in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Updated quarterly.
- Connected home scorecard
Score the relative prospects for success of the key players in the connected home. The scorecard is based on 28 key factors that will determine the success of each device, the home networking technologies scorecard features 13 factors.
- Conditional access systems contracts
Contains over 400 conditional access systems (CAS) vendor contracts in over 90 countries, organized by region, country, operator and TV platform.
- Internet-enabled devices and corresponding services
Tracks announced Internet-enabled devices and the content services they provide access to, by manufacturer, service name, announced video services, other Internet applications and geographic availability.
- OTT and video online tracker
Tracks users and usage for the largest online video and VoD services around the world.
- Connected device forecasts
Connected device forecasts for sales and install base.
- Multiplay readiness forecasting tool
Track the potential for multiplay bundles in 46 of the world’s most-populated countries, by enabling users to compare forecasts for users and households subscribed to portable broadband and fixed broadband services, mobile handset and digital pay-TV, including dual- and triple–play services.
- Internet services and traffic interactive forecasting tool
View and chart the entire output of Informa Telecoms and Media’s Internet traffic forecasts. Choose unique combinations of services, geographic regions and output metrics for display. In total, 20 services are forecast, across 13 markets and 8 regions. The tool also contains three scenarios (Core, Conservative & Aggressive) to help you understand the level of risk that exists within this dynamic area.
- Cord cutting households
Cord-cutting refers to pay TV subscribing households that cancel/lapse their pay TV subscription, driven by an intention to use their broadband connection to view OTT as an alternative to pay TV.
- Multiscreen readiness index
Track the potential for multiscreen services in 46 of the world’s most-populated countries. The services arw based on forecasts for three key forms of service delivery to mobile, PC, and TV screens: mobile broadband, fixed broadband and pay TV.
- IPTV forecasts
- Fixed-voice, broadband subscription forecasts
- IP&TV World Forum @ CES 2012
- CDN Asia 2012 2012
- Cable Congress 2012
- Broadband MEA 2012
- Telecoms Regulation Forum 2012
- Broadband Asia & IP&TV Forum Asia 2012
- Connected Home World Summit 2012
- Multi-Screen Video Summit 2012
- IPv6 2012
- Social TV World Summit 2012
- Customer Loyalty and Churn 2012
- Industry Summit 2012
- CDN World Summit 2012
- IPTV Forum Eurasia & Eastern Europe 2012
- IP Workflow 2012
- Broadband World Forum 2012
- IP Cable World Summit 2012
- AfricaCom 2012
- Broadband Traffic Management Global Congress 2012
- Financing Superfast Broadband 2012
- DSL Acceleration 2012
- IP&TV Forum Middle East/North Africa 2012
- Middle East Telco World Summit 2012